Hello there! It’s been awhile. Oops. I’m not going to make excuses, I totally neglected all two of my regular readers (hi Grammy and Pop-Pop!) Instead, I will just tell you what I’ve been up to.
1) I quit my gym. I hadn’t been for a few months, so I didn’t want to pay for that AND CrossFit if I wasn’t going.
2) I tried out a new gym last night. I think I’m going to join! It’s really cheap, brand new, and has great treadmills, which is really the main reason why I would join. And I think I would actually go.
That’s what it looks like, except with real live people, and not as many of them. When I got there last night (at prime time of 6:15 pm) I was one of two people in the fitness center. So ideal!
3) I made my debut back to CrossFit! I took basically the whole month of December off from CrossFit, to recharge and get my mojo back so I don’t get burned out. I remember why I love it so much.
4) I did The Conscious Cleanse! It was awesome, but I got a little too crazy with it at one point. More on that later!
5) I hosted an MLK Day Equality Pancake Breakfast. We ate delicious pancakes, watched the inauguration, and read MLK’s last sermon.
6) After the pancake breakfast, we went to the park and played frisbee golf. It was cold. It was so fun. I was sooo bad.
Then we sat in the pavilion and drank beers. We’ve been doing a lot of that. I was basically attached at the hip to this group of people for that whole 3 day weekend, and I couldn’t have been happier with that.
7) The same-ish group of people went to a friend’s house in the valley this past Sunday and played broomball on their frozen-ish pond. I say frozen-ish because it definitely wasn’t fully frozen… by the end we were basically playing in a layer of water that had seeped through cracks to the top of the ice… so it was messy, but SO FUN.
8) My mom texted me this picture from Bali:
On the same day that this happened here:
A few days later, this happened here:
Climate change is real, folks. It’s hard to dislike climate change when things like 70* days happen in January, though…
Well, that’s a basic update on a lot of the things I have been up to! Tons of fun plans coming up, too – this weekend, I’m headed to Philly to see my cousin and her fiance, my brother and his fiance, my grandparents, and then my parents when I pick them up at the airport from Asia. And Lotus, duh. Later in Feb, I’m going skiing with college friends, and then going to Tuscon for vacation! Hope the weather is nice!